iDRAC6 Express on PE R610?

Shine_KA at Dell.com Shine_KA at Dell.com
Wed Jul 7 22:47:12 CDT 2010

Hi,
	Can you provide following information to understand more on this
issue

1: Operating system used on R610
2: Is there any VLAN configured for iDRAC and Host OS
3: Which iDRAC FW version are you using
4: Does the ping failure observed after Server starts or once the OS
starts

Thanks & Regards

Shine K A
Product Group
Dell | Bangalore Development Center
Phone: +91 80 280 77756
Mob: +91 9448175422

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Tom Rockwell
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 8:16 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: iDRAC6 Express on PE R610?

Hi,

We have some poweredge r610 nodes with the iDRAC6 Express card.  We want

to use them with the first NIC shared between OS and the DRAC.  However,

the DRAC falls off the network (stops responding to pings) shortly after

starting up.  We have just tried with an iDRAC6 Enterprise using the
dedicated port and this is stable.  Anyone using the shared port
configuration with iDRAC6 Express?  Any "tricks" to making this work?

Thanks,
Tom Rockwell
Michigan State U.