how to monitor dell R210 PERC h200 raid status in debian?

Félix Barbeira fbarbeira at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 14:57:12 CDT 2010

Hi:

I have a bunch a dell R200 servers monitorized by the binary
"mpt-status" but with the R210 i have a problem. The "mpt2sas" module
is loaded on the kernel but I got this error:

host:~# /usr/sbin/mpt-status -n
ioctl: No such device
host:~#

Following this information
(http://tldp.org/HOWTO/SCSI-Generic-HOWTO/proc.html) I try parsing the
following files:

# cat /proc/scsi/sg/device{_hdr,s}
host	chan	id	lun	type	opens	qdepth	busy	online
0       1       0       0       0       1       128     0       1
1       1       1       1       1       1       1        1       1
0       0       1       0       0       1       254     0       1
3       0       0       0       5       1       1       0        1

But the only thing I know is if the disk is online or not, i got no
information about the RAID status :(

I look in the dell support page but they only have drivers for suse
and redhat (enterprise versions) not for debian. Somebody knows any
way to monitor the raid status in this devices??