1950 replacement

Robert von Bismarck robert.vonbismarck at vtx-telecom.ch
Fri Jul 2 06:30:27 CDT 2010

The R410 is definitely not a replacement for the 1950 if you look at expansion capabilities, as the only pcie slot gets taken by the PERC6 if you add that to your system. There is a "special" slot for a SAS6 adapter in there, so you can get raid 0/1/jbod without sacrificing the pcie slot.
Why Dell did not place the PERC like in a 1950 is beyond me.
Well, at least the R410 have a good price/performance ratio.