RAID monitoring in RH Linux 5.4

wadud.miah at stfc.ac.uk wadud.miah at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Feb 25 06:49:06 CST 2010

Hello,

I have an LSI RAID card on my Dell PowerEdge R410 with an LSI RAID card:

[root at host httpd]# lspci | grep LSI
02:00.0 SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1068E
PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS (rev 08)
[root at host httpd]# lsmod | grep mega
megaraid_sas           73404  0
scsi_mod              196697  9
megaraid_sas,scsi_dh,sr_mod,sg,libata,mptsas,mptscsih,scsi_transport_sas
,sd_mod
[root at host httpd]#

I am trying to use the MegaCli but it doesn't print anything:

[root at rhn-dev httpd]# /opt/MegaRAID/MegaCli/MegaCli64 -LDInfo -L0 -aALL
Exit Code: 0x00
[root at rhn-dev httpd]# /opt/MegaRAID/MegaCli/MegaCli64 -AdpAllInfo -aALL
Exit Code: 0x00
[root at rhn-dev httpd]#

Am I using the right command line utility? Is there any other way to
monitor the RAID arrays? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wadud Miah
Scientific Computing Systems Support, eScience
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, STFC
01235 446 794