CentOS install can't find /dev/sda?

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Wed Feb 24 03:29:59 CST 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 01:55 -0500, Peter Larsen wrote:
> You need the raid drivers from Dell; perc isn't recognized out of the
> box with Centos.

PERC 4 cards all work out of the box on CentOS 5.4 - I have many 1850's
with them in running 5.4. In fact, PERC 5 on a 1950 also works with no
issues (I have 1950's with 5.4 as well).

Steve - which PERC card are you using?

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer, Managed Services Manpower