Monitoring MD3000 using OMSA?

Libor Klepáč libor.klepac at bcom.cz
Tue Feb 23 06:20:19 CST 2010

Hi,
i have installer OMSA from sara.nl (running debian here).

I hoped, that i'll be able to monitor/manage md3000 with it.

I have had to rebuild mptlinux drivers (some patching of mptlan.c and mptlan.h
was needed http://groups.google.com/group/android-
kernel/browse_thread/thread/ab511cde228d7c77) , so omsa doesn't report that
they are too old.
But i'm not able to manage it, omreport only shows those two sas5/e adapters
(web interface is now dead, it only segfaults on start with this error
[libomacs32.so.1+0x119b3]  GetIPAddrStrList+0x52
when i stop openvpn links to server, it works - as i found somewhere its
problem with non eth* interfaces)

We need to monitor md3000 before we start to use it for customer data. It's
now in some strange state, i can use virtual disk from it, but it says
"Individual Physical Disk - Degraded Path" and "Degraded Physical Disk
Channel" (it started on friday when i removed some test-only disk and created
one vdisk for customer data)

With regards
Libor