Adding a second Quad Core L5420 CPU to a 1950 III

Bond Masuda bond.masuda at jlbond.com
Thu Feb 18 16:21:05 CST 2010

Yes, I believe the only issue is the heatsink which is often specific to the
server model. You can buy them 2nd hand for cheaper than you can probably
get them directly from Dell. Here's a place I often use for 2nd hand Dell
parts:

http://www.txcesssurplus.com/servlet/the-5078/Dell-JC867-PowerEdge-1950/Deta
il

-Bond