Adding a second Quad Core L5420 CPU to a 1950 III

Brandon Ooi brandono at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 15:56:37 CST 2010

Actually I tried this for some of our SC1435's, the cpu doesn't matter but
it's the 1U heatsink that needs to be Dell to mount properly. There is
almost 0 market for the heatsinks. Did you find a Dell heatsink?

If it is, that's probably all you need. I've seen it replaced before and
it's part-less and tool-less.

Brandon