MD3000 on Debian Lenny

Adrian Schmitz aschmitz at lehighgas.com
Mon Feb 15 08:57:01 CST 2010

Dominik,

Below is the config I am using now on one of my Ubuntu Server machines with an MD3000i.. With this config, the i/o errors usually show up for a little bit until rdac disables the necessary paths, and then they go away. Failover works *okay* with this configuration.. if anyone on the list has more experience with this sort of thing, feedback or recommendations on how to improve this config are welcome. Hope this helps..

-Adrian

#/etc/multipath.conf:

blacklist       {
                device  {
                        vendor DELL*
                        product Universal*
                        }
                device  {
                        vendor Dell*
                        product Virtual*
                        }
                }

devices {

        device {
                vendor                  DELL
                product                 MD3000i
                path_grouping_policy    group_by_prio
                features                "1 queue_if_no_path"
                path_checker            rdac
                prio_callout            "/sbin/mpath_prio_rdac /dev/%n"
                hardware_handler        "1 rdac"
#               prio                    "rdac"
                failback                immediate
                }
        }

multipaths {
        multipath {
                        wwid 36001e4f0003ceb09000006c848dbbbdb
                        alias testlun
                }
# Additional wwid-to-alias mappings here..
		}

#END