MD3000 on Debian Lenny

lkml at ds.gauner.org lkml at ds.gauner.org
Mon Feb 15 08:00:50 CST 2010

Hi,
I'm trying to get a MD3000 working with Debian Lenny and it looks like a
big mess from my POV. Dell only supports SuSE and RedHat, but I didn't
expect that it'd be so hard to get this up and running on Debian.

Can anyone give me some pointers to get this working? I don't care if I
can use multipath or not. I just want a reliable way to access the disks.

So far I've tryed with the multipath-tools, dm-rdac and porting (kind of)
the dell SM-Tools to Debian, but nothing got me rid of the "I/O errors"
that happen when accessing the exported devices.

Best Regards,
Dominik