Third-party drives not permitted on Gen 11 servers

Marios Pittas marios_pittas at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 17:31:37 CST 2010

> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/storage/Storlink/H200/en/UG/HTML/features.htm#wp1043338
>
> I'll say yes it does suffer from this nonsense.

Dell provides this information in the above URL:---------

Unsupported Drives
Drives that are not certified by Dell are reported in the BIOS
Configuration Utility, also known as <Ctrl><C>.
To view unsupported drives:
	1. In the BIOS Configuration Utility, navigate to the SAS Topology screen.

	2. Select the unsupported drive and press
<Alt><D> to view the Device
Properties screen.

The drive is marked as Uncertified in the Device Properties screen.
Drives that are not certified by Dell are not blocked and you can use them at your own risk.

---------

So, are "uncertified" drives blocked or not blocked ??

-- marios