Third-party drives not permitted on Gen 11 servers

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Fri Feb 12 17:25:36 CST 2010

On 2/12/2010 3:44 PM, Sabuj Pattanayek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone know if the H200 also has this problem, e.g. I think this is
> currently the lowest configuration on the R510?
>
> Thanks,
> Sabuj Pattanayek

whoops i was wrong:  According to the linked document:

      Unsupported Drives

Drives that are not certified by Dell are reported in the *BIOS
Configuration Utility*, also known as <Ctrl><C>.

To view unsupported drives:

   1. In the *BIOS Configuration Utility*, navigate to the *SAS
      Topology* screen.

   2. Select the unsupported drive and press <Alt><D> to view the
      *Device Properties *screen.

The drive is marked as *Uncertified* in the *Device Properties *screen.

Drives that are not certified by Dell are not blocked and you can use
them at your own risk.