Third-party drives not permitted on Gen 11 servers

Eberhard Moenkeberg emoenke at gwdg.de
Wed Feb 10 19:14:30 CST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Jason Edgecombe wrote:

> Please, email your Dell customer rep and complain about this!
>
> I did.
>
> I contacted my Dell customer rep and he forwarded my complain to the
> product support group. He said they may re-evaluate things if lots of
> people complain. (I can hope...)
>
> We don't have the Dell R710's, and I still complained.

The mass of complaints here could easily get to knowledge to those
"relevant" people at DELL by help of the participating DELL members.

I guess at least Matt Domsch has already formed a proper signal against
his marketing collegues, and I guess he has the power to place it right.

Viele Gruesse
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke at gwdg.de, em at kki.org)

--
Eberhard Moenkeberg
Arbeitsgruppe IT-Infrastruktur
Tel.:   +49 (0)551 201-1510            Fax:    +49 (0)551 201-2150
Geschaeftsfuehrer:           Prof. Dr. Bernhard Neumair
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dipl.-Kfm. Markus Hoppe
Sitz der Gesellschaft:     Goettingen
Registergericht:           Goettingen  Handelsregister-Nr. B 598