Third-party drives not permitted on Gen 11 servers

Brian O'Mahony brian.omahony at curamsoftware.com
Wed Feb 10 09:44:08 CST 2010

" Reminds me of my campus' IT "urban folklore" about the memory upgrade in an old GX360 big iron that used to run here - where IBM sold campus the upgrade and sent a team to flip the DIP switch to ENABLE it since it was already installed... this is just as predatory."

Have a IBM Z890 here and that's the case. In our case they didn't even send an engineer or team, they did it remotely through its dial home feature...