Third-party drives not permitted on Gen 11 servers

Doug Simmons dsimmons at lib.siu.edu
Sat Feb 6 21:36:01 CST 2010

Holy crap. Dell's gone IBM on us! I don't want to see this happen. Dell, are you listening?
<sigh>
Reminds me of my campus' IT "urban folklore" about the memory upgrade in an old GX360 big iron that used to run here - where IBM sold campus the upgrade and sent a team to flip the DIP switch to ENABLE it since it was already installed... this is just as predatory.

And I just got a rackfull of R710's....

Doug "I hate computers" Simmons
SIUC