Third-party drives not permitted on Gen 11 servers

Peter Kjellstrom cap at nsc.liu.se
Sat Feb 6 12:59:32 CST 2010

On Saturday 06 February 2010, Stroller wrote:
> I just find it completely stunning that Dell, without some kind of a
> warning, would sell me a "SATA" computer that doesn't accept standard
> SATA drives.

I agree that this is the worst part. In truth it's not a server that takes
SATA drives anymore, it takes Dell-drives.

How long will it be before other interfaces get targeted?

 "This server has two 8x pci-express slots, I mean, two 8x Dell extension
slots..."

This mess certainly gets my blood boiling,
 Peter