R210 / L3426 power consumption figures - 40w idle!

Tim Small tim at seoss.co.uk
Thu Feb 4 05:34:34 CST 2010

Moe, Justin wrote:
>> I've had an R210 recently to set up for a client and thought I'd share
>> the power consumption figures that I recorded with the list.
>>
>> Basically, very impressive results IMO, when you consider the last R200
>> (X3220) which I set up used 135-odd watts idle...
>>

> [Moe, Justin]
>
> Wow, that is impressive.  Can you relate on how much noise it produces

Err, not really.  Quite quiet during normal operation, compared to most
1U servers, but still enough to annoy in an office environment.
Probably not as quiet as some of the Intel Server Chassis SR1500 which
I've used in the past, but I didn't have the two side-by-side, so I'll
not swear to that...

Cheers,

Tim.

--
South East Open Source Solutions Limited
Registered in England and Wales with company number 06134732.