R210 / L3426 power consumption figures - 40w idle!

Tim Small tim at seoss.co.uk
Thu Feb 4 05:34:15 CST 2010

> Interesting to see posted.  Just for info, what are you using to measure the
> power usage?

Sorry I'd meant to include that in the original post - nothing
particularly special, the - fairly similar spec'ed, I believe - previous
model of this device:

http://navitron.org.uk/product_detail.php?proID=339&catID=67

Fairly cheap and cheerful, but I checked it with a good-quality
calibrated volt meter, and current clamp (on a resistive load) when I
got it a couple of years ago, and although I can't remember the exact
results, the accuracy seemed pretty good at the time.  The model I have
gives Hz, Volts, Amps, VA, Watts and Power Factor (not sure what method
of PF calculation).

Tim.

--
South East Open Source Solutions Limited
Registered in England and Wales with company number 06134732.