Debian Lenny on R610 with PERC 6/i

larry eastwind gkmcc2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 05:24:30 CST 2010

Hey Guys
I just noticed this post in my email. Sorry to be jumping in in the middle, I did not notice the earliest post and have a habit of deleting email when I am not personally involved with issues being discussed.

However..... I have installed Debian Lenny on two computers recently and have noted a frequent hang right at the point where the GUI should begin to be activated.

I switched off the gdm at boot ( in the services settings menu under Syetem/Administration ) and have not had any problem with booting. Of course the hang still takes place every three or four times when I run startx to initiate the gui.

I am using gnome. I have not tried loading KDE so I can't say anymore at this stage.

Hope this helps. Not sure if its related to what you are actually talking about in this post.

Regards
EastWind

My blog is at http://eastwind.no-ip.info