cannot find correct attribute for omconfig BIOS mod

Vanush Misha Paturyan misha at cs.nuim.ie
Mon Feb 1 11:39:50 CST 2010

Rahul,

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:24:43 -0600 Rahul Nabar <rpnabar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was told by Dell support that I could use "omconfig system biossetup
> attribute=cpucore setting=all" to change a BIOS setting that restricts
> my cores to half.
>
> Problem is I haven't gotten this to work I get an error message each
> time: Error! Invalid command: biossetup
>
> If I try "omconfig chassis biossetup attribute=cpucore setting=all" it
> still throws
> Error! This BIOS setup feature is not present on this system.

does "omconfig chassis biossetup -? " show anything useful for you?
another one tro try would be "omreport chassis biossetup" and see
what's showing up there. I've used "omconfig chassis biossetup" to
enable "CPU Virtualization Technology (cpuvt)" and "AC power recovery
mode (acpwrrecovery)" on PE2900 in the past.

Misha.

--
Vanush "Misha" Paturyan
Senior Technical Officer