How to downgrade bnx2 nic driver on r610 w/ rhel 5

Tapan Talati (eci) tapan.talati at capstoneco.com
Mon Feb 1 10:24:33 CST 2010

Hey Guys - I have an R610 that's giving me a lot of errors on the nic
interface eth1.

I ran ethtool -i eth1 and found that it's running a more recent bnx2
driver than my other R610.

ethtool -i eth1

driver: bnx2

version: 1.9.3

firmware-version: 5.0.6 NCSI 2.0.3

bus-info: 0000:01:00.1

I'd like to downgrade the driver to version: 1.6.9 - which runs fine on
my other machine.

How would I do accomplish this?

</PRE>This message (and any attachments) is intended solely for the addressee and its content may be confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or solicitation to do business with Capstone Holdings Group L.L.C. or its affiliates (together, "Capstone").  If you receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender.  Any dissemination, duplication, or publication to unauthorized third parties or other use of the contents of this message (or its attachments) is strictly forbidden.  Capstone reserves the right, to the extent and under circumstances permitted by applicable law, to retain, monitor and intercept any messages (and attachments) to and from any Capstone systems.