update_firmware not showing updates ?

Jeffrey_L_Mendoza at Dell.com Jeffrey_L_Mendoza at Dell.com
Mon Feb 1 09:50:26 CST 2010

> After running this command (Is this a one time command, or should I run
> this before updating the firmwares ?)

One time to install rpms, after that 'up2date -u' will keep you updated.

> Not sure why It's reporting the bios 2 times and no update for eth1 ?

Not sure about eth1.
The BIOS is there 2 times because firmware-addon-dell can update the bios using lisbmios, however, the bios updates in the repo are configured to use dell_ie_bios which is a little different.

-Jeff