RHEL 5.5 and OMSA 6.3 IPMI issue

Ben Vaughn ben.vaughn at united.com
Mon Aug 30 14:49:29 CDT 2010

Hello:

    Brand new R810 and RHEL 5.5 x86_64.  I installed from
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/ per instructions, but when I
load the web interface I get only "System, MainChassis, Software, Storage"
options -- all of which are empty.  This looks totally different from an
earlier RHEL5.5 install on the same system where everything seemed to work
fine.  I only reinstalled to add a hotspare to my system disk, and installed
RHEL the exact same way both times.

Looking at the srvadmin-services.sh output:

DRAC4 probe: DRAC4 pci device not found                    [FAILED]
Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
Starting dell_rbu:                                         [  OK  ]
Starting ipmi driver:                                      [FAILED]
Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
Starting dell_rbu: Already started                         [  OK  ]
Starting ipmi driver:                                      [FAILED]
Starting DSM SA Shared Services:                           [  OK  ]

Starting DSM SA Connection Service:                        [  OK  ]

Looking at dmesg:

ipmi message handler version 39.1
ipmi_si: Unknown parameter `kipmid_max_busy_us'
ipmi message handler version 39.1
ipmi_si: Unknown parameter `kipmid_max_busy_us'

Looking at messages:

Aug 30 19:43:37 archive instsvcdrv: dell_rbu device driver unloaded
Aug 30 19:43:43 archive instsvcdrv: dell_rbu device driver loaded
Aug 30 19:43:44 archive kernel: ipmi message handler version 39.1
Aug 30 19:43:44 archive kernel: ipmi_si: Unknown parameter
`kipmid_max_busy_us'
Aug 30 19:43:44 archive instsvcdrv: /etc/rc.d/init.d//ipmi start command
failed with status 1
Aug 30 19:43:45 archive kernel: ipmi message handler version 39.1
Aug 30 19:43:45 archive kernel: ipmi_si: Unknown parameter
`kipmid_max_busy_us'
Aug 30 19:43:45 archive instsvcdrv: /etc/rc.d/init.d//ipmi start command
failed with status 1

Thanks,
Ben