Non-Dell Disks R710

i3D.net - Joep Gottlieb joepgottlieb at i3D.net
Fri Aug 27 05:14:38 CDT 2010

 Hi,

Yes you can put non-dell disks in the servers again if you upgrade your
RAID controller to the newest version.

We ran into the same problem with a R510 with a H700 raid controller.
Firmware update, and the disks changed from blocked to free/usable.

Best regards,

Joep Gottlieb