Non-Dell Disks R710

Jona Young jona at coreware.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 04:38:35 CDT 2010

Hey all,
            Just speaking to our Dell server sales rep and he seemed to
be of the opinion that you can put non-dell disks into an R710 if your
running the latest PERC firmware. Does anyone know if this is true? I
know it didn't used to be was wondering if the situation had changed.

We're running a PERC 6/i with 450Gb SAS Disks which are actually made by
Seagate but brought from Dell.

Thanks
Jona

--
Jona Young
Systems Engineer

The Tannery, Tannery Lane, Bramley, Surrey, GU5 0AB, England
Email - jona at coreware.co.uk
Telephone - +44(0)1483 890915
MSN Messenger - jonayoung at dial.pipex.com
Skype - jona.young