>16tb filesystems on linux

Paul M. Dyer pmdyer at ctgcentral2.com
Thu Aug 26 13:08:16 CDT 2010

Hi,

you could try GFS2, if you are RHEL 5.5 AP 64bit.   Here is a quote from the top of this documentation:

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Global_File_System_2/index.html

Paul

GFS2 is based on a 64-bit architecture, which can theoretically accommodate an 8 EB file system.
However, the current supported maximum size of a GFS2 file system is 25 TB. If your system requires
GFS2 file systems larger than 25 TB, contact your Red Hat service representative.