Dell OpenManage 6.3 for Ubuntu

Tim Small tim at seoss.co.uk
Tue Aug 24 03:11:21 CDT 2010

On 24/08/10 08:46, Johan Sjöberg wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I tried installing libsmbios-bin, but unfortunately it still complains about unmet dependencies when I try to install OMSA.

>    srvadmin-hapi: Depends: smbios-utils but it is not installable

Yep - that's because the Dell package would need to depend on
smbios-utils OR libsmbios-bin if it were to be Debian compatible....  It
should be pretty easy for someone from Dell to test this on one of their
Ubuntu systems just by installing a Debian squeeze chroot using
debootstrap, and testing using schroot...

Cheers,

Tim.

--
South East Open Source Solutions Limited
Registered in England and Wales with company number 06134732.