OMSA 6.3 from dell repo - no controller found

Stephan van Hienen stephan.van.hienen at thevalley.nl
Wed Aug 18 02:42:44 CDT 2010

Same issue on a T300 here, while all other servers with perc6 controllers (pe2950's) don't have the issue.

I tried this workarround, which worked before on other servers :

yum remove srvadmin-*
rm -Rf /opt/dell
yum install srvadmin-all dell_ft_install

the servers is updated to the latest centos5.5 kernel.

]# srvadmin-services.sh status
Remote Access Controller (RAC4) is stopped                 [  OK  ]
dell_rbu (module) is running
ipmi driver is running
dsm_sa_datamgrd (pid 9826) is running
dsm_sa_eventmgrd (pid 10823) is running
dsm_sa_snmpd (pid 10882) is running
dsm_om_shrsvcd (pid 10955) is running
dsm_om_connsvcd (pid 11011 11009) is running

]# omreport storage controller
No controllers found

Stephan