mptlinux missing from linux-poweredge yum repository?

Bob Huisman bob.huisman at filterworks.com
Tue Aug 17 03:50:25 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I noticed that the mptlinux package has gone missing from the OMSA 6.3 yum repository (at least for PER200, 32 and 64 bit:  http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/per200/). It used to be present in the previous (OMSA 6.2) version (and still is). A fresh-installed system (CentOS 5.5) cannot find required driver updates, so the storage controller driver is reported out of date in OMSA.

Is there a reason this package is currently unavailable? Can we just install the package from OMSA 6.2 repository as a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Bob Huisman