seeing BIOS from ipmi?

Dave Sparks Dave.Sparks at Sophos.com
Wed Aug 11 14:30:39 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a new Dell R610 in a data centre halfway around the world.  Someone local to the box installed Ubuntu lucid on it and left it without configuring IPMI.  Using ipmitool I have configured IPMI to work with chassis commands, etc and the remote console (sol activate) also works.  However when rebooting the remote console doesn't show the bios screen when booting.

Is there a configuration step I missed?

Is there a way of configuring the bios from within linux itself?  I installed Open Manage server administrator (for the first time ever!) but I can't find any options in there.

Thanks,

ds