SUU 6.3.0 on CentOS 5.5

Thomas Seifert thomas-lists at mysnip.de
Tue Aug 10 18:27:29 CDT 2010

Hey there,

I've been browsing the web for any clues regarding that but wasn't successful at all.
Even the previous posts on the list for issues regarding suu on centos didn't get me any further.

Running suu (to finally do some upgrades) I'm getting
/var/log/dell/suu/invcolOutput.log (No such file or directory)
[/home/omm-suu/cd/./bin/Linux/invcol]
Problem reading from inventory output file [/var/log/dell/suu/invcolOutput.log]

running bin/Linux/invcol manually I got
./invcol
./invcol: line 358: ./invcol: Permission denied

I tried to play around with it and got the created invcol file separated ...
root at io-old [~]# /tmp/invcol
-bash: /tmp/invcol: Permission denied
root at io-old [~]# file /tmp/invcol
/tmp/invcol: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, not stripped

Thats a 32bit CentOS 5.5 install with cPanel (currently) on it.
The compat libs are installed libstdc++5 is installed too ... no dice.

Does anyone have any clues on how to proceed here?
Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Thomas