idrac firmware update on R710, can't connect to idrac now

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 15:04:00 CDT 2010

> But, I'm still not getting any pings, nor can I connect to the web, or
> via ssh. Any other ideas? Do I just have to bite the bullet and try
> power cycling it?

I'm also assuming that "ipmitool chassis power cycle" does an
immediate power cycle, i.e. it doesn't call shutdown first? I could
also try a warm boot first to see if that fixes the idrac. Has anyone
experienced the same issue, i.e. is the idrac supposed to stop working
after an update until a cold/warm boot ?