PowerEdge 6100 PXE Debian issues

Rob_Grumman at Dell.com Rob_Grumman at Dell.com
Fri Aug 6 13:29:02 CDT 2010

My customer is experiencing issues getting their 6100 to PXE and load a Debian image.

They have no issues using this method with other vendors and our tech support was not able to help.

>From my customer:

We are using a lustre-patched version of lenny.

Our PXE is set up to auto-detect the disk driver, but it's not. I assume I need to use the Fusion MPT SAS driver, but the only one listed in the PXE options for disk drivers is mpt2sas, and it doesn't seem to work.  At least, I think that's what's wrong, as it doesn't find my udp-sender after I load that (or any other) disk driver.  Of course, I could be wrong about what is causing the failure...

Rob Grumman
Systems Engineer | Pacific Northwest
Dell | Advanced Systems Group, U.S.A.
Rob_Grumman at dell.com<mailto:Rob_Grumman at dell.com>