For you other Linux "recyclers" out there

Steve Jenkins stevej at cheatcodes.com
Thu Aug 5 15:33:14 CDT 2010

We're commercial, so we get no part of the trifecta. :( We're paying for
the space, electricity, bandwidth, and we bought that 2450 "back in the
day" when it was expensive. It's just nice to still have it working for
us long after the balance sheet says the hardware is fully depreciated.
:) I was expecting to have to tinker with CentOS 5.5 to get it running.
But, to my amazement, the LiveCD fired right up - so I dove into the
netinstall. The aacraid drivers were there, LVM setup was cake. It was
exactly the same as installing on a 2950... just a lot slower. :)

SJ