IPMI

Wayne_Weilnau at Dell.com Wayne_Weilnau at Dell.com
Thu Aug 5 08:20:32 CDT 2010

Here's the official statement on 64 bit support:

"DMC is working aggressively to provide support for installing on Windows 2008 R2 (64 bit) in our next release.  In the meantime, installing into a VM may be an option, though we recognize it won't be a suitable option for all customers."

There is not an announced date for the next release.

Wayne Weilnau
Systems Management Technologist
Dell | OpenManage Software Development

Confidentiality Notice | This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of James Bensley
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 7:55 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: IPMI

Right list,

I tried to install the Dell Management Console on a Windows server and
I couldn't, low and behold its for 32 bit OS's only! This is the
reason we aren't using the IT Assistant either...

What the hell is wrong with Dell (rhetorical question!), do they even
sell 32bit servers anymore? Who is going to buy a new Quad-core Xeon
(Opteron, whatever!) and put Windows Server 200x 32bit on there? What
about the RAM limitations? And the hard drive and partitioning
limitations? I fail to believe that 32bit should be seen as the
standard platform anymore, I'm feeling rather let down by Dell (should
be used to it I suppose) :s

--
Regards,
James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and J others...?