IPMI

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 07:55:19 CDT 2010

Right list,

I tried to install the Dell Management Console on a Windows server and
I couldn't, low and behold its for 32 bit OS's only! This is the
reason we aren't using the IT Assistant either...

What the hell is wrong with Dell (rhetorical question!), do they even
sell 32bit servers anymore? Who is going to buy a new Quad-core Xeon
(Opteron, whatever!) and put Windows Server 200x 32bit on there? What
about the RAM limitations? And the hard drive and partitioning
limitations? I fail to believe that 32bit should be seen as the
standard platform anymore, I'm feeling rather let down by Dell (should
be used to it I suppose) :s

--
Regards,
James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and J others...?