PowerEdge 2800: megaraid/scsi errors (PERC 4e/di)
petitmermet at mat.ethz.ch
Thu Aug 5 02:00:05 CDT 2010
We have two identical PowerEdge 2800 (I know, 5 years old). Because it took the Dell Support people/ contractors so very long to set up everything (fibre channels switch, EMC CX300, custom drivers, etc.) to get it finally working, the system is more or less unchanged since the beginning. One of those PowerEdge 2800 is now acting up. I see messages like:
megaraid: aborting-12854 cmd=2a <c=2 t=0 I=0>
megaraid abort: [255:128], driver owner
megaraid: resetting the host...
megaraid: 2 outstanding commands. Max wait 180 sec
scsi0 (0:0): rejecting I/O to offline device
When I look at the RAID controller everything seems to be fine:
- Logical Drive, RAID 1, Size 34680MB, Stripes 2, StrSz 64KB, Drive-State: optimal
- Battery Backup Module: present
- Battery Pack: present
- Temperature: good
- Voltage: good
- fast charging: in progress
- No of Cycles: 50
What do the above errors mean? Are the disks failing or is this an other hardware issue? I booted from a Redhat CD in linux rescue mode and I could fsck all partitions without any problems at all.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Some more details about the hardware/software:
- Redhat Enterprise Linux 4.5 (2.6.9-22.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Jan 5 17:11:56 EST 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
- PERC 4e/di standard FW 521S DRAM=256MB (SDRAM)
- RAID 1; 2 x Seagate Cheetah 15K.4, Firmware D402
More information about the Linux-PowerEdge