IPMI

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 08:20:06 CDT 2010

Hey List,

IPMI is great, but if every server has it it's useless unless you can
monitor all you servers from a central place so how are people doing
this?

Do Dell offer a solution for this?

I see there is a plug-in for Nagios, but is this the most reliable and
useful option? I have found Nagios IPMI plug-ins such as;

http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Hardware/Server-Hardware/Dell/Dell-BMC-IPMI-Checks/details

But seeing as we don't use Nagios I don't want to have to set it up
just for this, has anyone else found any other ways of monitoring
multiple IPMI interfaces or is Nagios worth the effort perhaps?

--
Regards,
James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and J others...?