How to setup raid on 20x servers automatically? (up2date --solvedeps=$(bootstrap_firmware -u crashing sometimes)

Chris Skretowski chris.skretowski at molevalleyfarmers.com
Wed Aug 4 03:56:02 CDT 2010

Hi Guys,

I'm still having this problem. It is 100% random, there is nothing I can
do to reproduce (or not) this problem. Basically, sometimes install goes
through and sometimes doesn't (mostly doesn't).

What could I do to actually see what's failing? Up2date -v doesn't
help...
Does anyone else have this problem? Is it only me updating servers in
anaconda (from kickstart)?

I though that it makes perfect sense to do upgrades while installing OS,
no?

Some extra info:

- 20 servers T310
- OS: RHEL 4.8, selinux off, install via PXE then NFS. Extras (dell
repo) - http server on the same network). No problems with http (apache,
centos 5.5)
- I'm getting: No handlers could be found for logger
"trace.firmwaretools"
- all servers are affected
- RAID1, fully initialized.
- on console 2 I can see bootstrap_firmware running.
- random - sometimes it goes through
- I've looked on google: apart from my post and this discussion:

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/firmware-tools-devel/2008-January/000
241.html

I can't see much more...

Many thanks in advance!