Reading RAID type from MegaCli

Mon Aug 2 08:40:42 CDT 2010

This follows the SNIA DDF standard. More information can be found here: http://www.snia.org/tech_activities/standards/curr_standards/ddf/

OMSA will interpret these values for you. Or you can do it yourself according to the DDF standard.

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Geoff Galitz
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2010 5:40 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Reading RAID type from MegaCli

Hello.

Using this command:

# MegaCli -LDInfo -Lall -aALL
I get the following for a RAID level:  "RAID Level: Primary-1, Secondary-0, RAID Level Qualifier-0"

That seems a little cryptic to me, I know that this system is suppossed to be RAID 1, but what is the correct way to interpret that output?   I'll gladly take a pointer to any docs that describe how to read this, I just came up short in a search for it.

Thanks.
Geoff