Dell OpenManage 6.3 for Ubuntu

Alex Mestiashvili alexander.mestiashvili at biotec.tu-dresden.de
Mon Aug 2 05:30:01 CDT 2010

Joshua Miller wrote:
> This is awesome, thank you so much!  I am responding mainly to let everyone know the community really wants tools like these!
>

> Joshua
>

> On Jul 27, 2010, at 11:20 AM, <Michael_E_Brown at dell.com> <Michael_E_Brown at dell.com> wrote:
>

>> A present for our Ubuntu customers!
>>
>> http://linux.dell.com/repo/community/deb/
>> http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/enterprise/b/tech-center/archive/2010/07/27/dell-openmanage-6-3-for-ubuntu.aspx
>>
>> We have posted some community-supported builds of Dell OpenManage 6.3 for Ubuntu. Blog post above goes into a little bit more detail.
>>
>> What this is: built-from-source DEB packages of OpenManage 6.3 for Ubuntu 9.10 or later. The package set exactly mirrors the layout of the RPMs.
>>
>> What this is NOT: officially supported. Please do not call Dell technical support with questions about these DEBs, specifically, as they will not be likely to be able to help you. Use the mailing lists instead, please.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Brown
>> Dell Linux Engineering

Nice to hear about the new version , but is there changelog ?
I was googling around , and looking on the linux.dell.com , but I didn't
find anything what would look like changelog .

So far I am happy with omsa 6.1 from sara && bunch of pe1950 , pe2950 ,
r610 , r710  ...  , why do I need 6.3 ?

Thank you ,
Alex