vmware esxi open manage

Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com
Wed Apr 28 22:55:38 CDT 2010

Hello, what's the ESXi version do you use? Do you see the server listed
as unknown in ITA?

Thanks,
Krishnaprasad

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of gregorcy
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 6:20 AM
To: Bryan
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: vmware esxi open manage

Thanks Bryan,

I guess I should have given more details.  I do have virtual center
setup.  Should I just set an snmp alert on the ESXi server and let the
VC server all the alerts.  The reason I asked is I saw a place in the IT

assistant for VMware.  Do you know if that is supported?  Also what is
the difference between the Dell customized VMware iso and the regular
VMware iso?  Just drivers maybe.

Thanks for the help,

--Brian

On 4/28/2010 5:34 PM, Bryan wrote:
> Virtual Center is required for snmp alerts on ESXi.  The free version
of
> ESXi doesn't support the functionality.
>
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:52 PM, gregorcy <gregorcy at eng.utah.edu
> <mailto:gregorcy at eng.utah.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I am wondering if anyone knows how to get my PE 1950 running
VMware