A quick reality check request.

Trevor Cooper tcooper at ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 28 11:29:52 CDT 2010

This is likely the same problem you will find searching the list for
OMSA 6.2, Controller, dsm_sa_datamgrd. I think the non-Redhat
derivatives are missing some dependencies and/or the srvadmin tools are
looking for a 'fingerprint' that says the OS is 'Redhat' or other
'supported' OS.

Haven't found a solution that works consistently yet...

OMSA's of various flavors work on some systems with CentOS 5.4 (the OS
I'm working with) but not others.

Some things to check...

- missing libstdc++
- missing OpenIMPI
- 'left-over' PID files for services

On different systems solving ONE of these made OMSA work. But I haven't
found a consistent pattern yet.

Good luck and post your results!

Trevor Cooper