srvadmin not starting correctly on CentOS 5.4 this fixed it for me.

Steve Tempest Steve.Tempest at gts.apn.com.au
Tue Apr 27 22:30:20 CDT 2010

Hi,

I have had a few servers lately where the open manage server won't start
up correctly and I've just got the bottom of what was causing that to
happen for me.

Centos has released an update for OpenIPMI and this stop's the dell
patched IPMI tools from installing.

So i uninstalled anything OpenIPMI and then excluded them from the
centos repo file under base and update as per below

/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo

[base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basea
rch&repo=os
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
Exclude=OpenIPMI*
#released updates
[updates]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basea
rch&repo=updates
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/updates/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
Exclude=OpenIPMI*
#packages used/produced in the build but not released

Anyhow I'm not sure if anyone else has had problems with this but
thought it was worth sharing.

An easy way to tell if this is your trouble is to run (as root) ipmitool
and it should list delloem as an available option.

Cheers

Steve

Notice

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and subject to copyright.  They may
contain privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete the message
and notify the sender. You should not read, copy, use, change, alter or disclose this email or
its attachments without authorisation.  The company and any related or associated companies do
not accept any liability in connection with this email and any attachments including in connection
with computer viruses, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment. Any views expressed in this email and any attachments do not necessarily reflect the
views of the company or the views of any of our related or associated companies.