Fedora 13 issue

Alexander Dupuy alex.dupuy at mac.com
Mon Apr 26 12:46:21 CDT 2010

Orion Poplawski writes:
> I was able to fix by downloading
> http://linux.dell.com/repo/community/RPM-GPG-KEY-libsmbios to
> /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-libsmbios.

I'm curious if you found having the firmware repository installed "successfully" on Fedora 13 useful in any way.  In my experience with Fedora 12,

1) even when the hardware-updates repo is installed, yum will never show any firmware updates, because the yum dellsysid plugin won't run (correctly?) under Fedora, only RHEL.

2) even if the plugin worked, the DUP .BIN files that are used to update the firmware (and are presumably bundled into the relevant firmware RPMs) won't run under Fedora, only RHEL (at least, not without a whole mess of hacking on them).

For my non-RHEL systems running F12, I just boot up with a Dell DTK PXEboot image that has the relevant DUP files available whenever I need to update the firmware - fortunately I don't have many F12 systems.

@alex

mailto:alex.dupuy at mac.com