Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) with Perc 6/i and omconfig

Patrick_Fischer at Dell.com Patrick_Fischer at Dell.com
Fri Apr 23 01:46:08 CDT 2010

omconfig storage adisk action=assignglobalhotspare controller=id
adisk=<ARRAYFESTPLATTEN-ID> assign=<yes|no>

yours: (omconfig storage pdisk action=assignglobalhotspare \
controller=0 pdisk=0:0:2 assign=no)

Your syntax looks fine => only the \ in each command I don't understand.
Please just try it with adisk too => the commands should be work on a
Perc 6 or anything is buggy with OMSA.

The reconfigure syntax looks also fine for both vd's.

The Other Patrick is also right, if the webservice is running connect to
the GUI from remote if your linux has cli only. It is more comfortable.

OMSA: https://host_ip:1311
- choose storage - Perc - VD - the tasks for the VD and choose
reconfigure => if the aditional disks are in state ready the wizard
guide you