11G Server BIOS update for Intel Xeon 5600

Andrew Robert Nicols andrew.nicols at luns.net.uk
Thu Apr 22 05:40:11 CDT 2010

We've only just seen this and since there's no reasonable mechanism for
finding out about updates unless you run OMSA, I thought that others may
appreciate the heads-up.

Unfortunately, the release doesn't actually say what is being patched
beyond 'microcode'.

It would be nice if there were a way of receiving notifications on such
things but oh well...

Andrew

--
Systems Developer

e: andrew.nicols at luns.net.uk
im: a.nicols at jabber.lancs.ac.uk
t: +44 (0)1524 5 10147

Lancaster University Network Services is a limited company registered in
England and Wales. Registered number: 04311892. Registered office:
University House, Lancaster University, Lancaster, LA1 4YW