Dell R710 + iDrac + ESX

Ruben Laban r.laban at ism.nl
Tue Apr 20 15:48:01 CDT 2010

Hello list,

I was wondering if anyone experienced similar issues to what we're seeing and
perhaps even know of a solution/workaround.

When using the dedicated LOM for the iDrac, everything works just fine.
However, when using any of the shared LOM settings for the iDrac, the iDrac
is reachable only until ESX(i) loads it's network driver. I'm guessing this
is more of a VMware problem than Dell, but am curious nonetheless if anyone
else has seen/solved this behaviour.

--
Regards,

Ruben Laban
Senior Systems and Network Administrator
ISM eCompany