Hot disk change.

Jens_Heinz at Dell.com Jens_Heinz at Dell.com
Tue Apr 20 10:29:12 CDT 2010

I assume your problem is, you have only 2x HDD slots!? What is your OS again?

If you're worried about if HDD is detected on SATA controller here might be another solution for you, if you're able to get OMSA installed.

1.    Install OMSA

2.    Migrate your RAID1 into a RAID0

3.    Remove the unused HDD + install the new one in that slot

4.    Create a RAID0 on new drive

5.    Do all your copy stuff as required

6.    Shutdown server remove old RAID0 + old HDD

7.    Install 2nd 1TB HDD

8.    Boot from that drive

9.    Use OMSA to transform your RAID0 into a RAID1

Jens