Hot disk change.

Fabio Catunda fcatunda at contactnet.com.br
Tue Apr 20 10:10:01 CDT 2010

Tino and Jens,

# fdisk -l (with comments about what is what)
/dev/sda1               1         243     1951866   82  Linux swap /
Solaris (SWAP)
/dev/sda2   *         244         729     3903795   83  Linux (/boot)
/dev/sda3             730        3161    19535040   83  Linux (/)
/dev/sda4            3162       30318   218138602+  83  Linux (/var)

I'm not that worried with the partition table because I can just delete
the partition, create it again with the new size and use resize2fs to
resize the file system. Usually I do that with virtual machines and it
works, shouldn't be different with a real hardware, right!?

I'm really worried to know it Linux would be able to read the old disk
connected on a different SATA port.

Cupertino, I got worried with your solution because I don't know is I
can expand the virtual disk  and things like that, I don't have much
expertise with RAID controllers. And if something goes wrong (read: if I
make something wrong), I will loose everything. I do have backup and
everything, but I prefer a short downtime.

Thanks again.

Fábio Catunda.